I'm growing up so fast!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Last Leg...9+ Months!

Ok I know it's a little late and Joel's already here but I had to catch up and share my last few pregnant moments...I made it to 38 weeks and 2 days and was still teaching my wonderful first graders the day I went into labor!! We had a great day that day...noone moved a snoopy (my behavior plan is the snoopy dog house I am standing in front of) which is a big deal for all my students! God must have been preparing me for what lay ahead that afternoon!!
My wonderful friend Jennifer threw me yet another shower. It was fun seeing all my childhood and college buddies together to wish baby Joel a happy arrival.
The Friday before Valentines Day my class had a special Valentines Day party/baby shower for Joel. They traded their valentines and had a special snack while I opened my gifts. I think they were more excited about Joel's gifts than getting to exchange valentines. It was so sweet! Thanks LaDonna and Joy for all you did to make that a special afternoon for us all!





















3 comments:

Sara said...

I love the pic of you in your classroom. That is the only time I think you looked at all nine months pregnant. We are so glad Joel is here and healthy! Can't wait til tomorrow.

Lauren said...

Thanks. Yeah I am now realizing how puffy I had gotten by then. Glad to have Joel here safe and sound. We are looking forward to our outing tomorrow too!

The McCreary's said...

You still look beautiful at 9 months! (I need to borrow that adorable yellow top!)
Joel is precious! Congrats to you both!

background